- 10 chicken wings, cut in half, tips removed
- 4tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4tablespoons peanut oil
- 2large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix wings with 1 T. soy sauce. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 T. oil in wok. Stir-fry wings until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe out wok. Heat 2 T. oil in wok. Stir-fry onion until quite wilted. Add wings. Add sherry, remaining soy sauce and stock. Cover, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil. Add sugar. Thicken with dissolved cornstarch. Baste wings with sauce until glazed.